UPDATED 5 APRIL 2022
COME AND TRY SESSIONS ARE BACK!
If you’re interested in joining FC Birrarung but want to try a training session first, you are welcome to come along to the session in your age group. Just fill in your details on this form, turn up 15 minutes before the session starts and give the completed form to the coach!
Please be aware that as of the start of April 2022, many teams are at capacity. Limited places are still available including in our U12 girls only team (ages 9 – turning 12 this year).
Please contact the relevant Coaching Co-ordinator by email prior to attending training to confirm place numbers. Details on our Contacts page.
For training times, please go to our Training page.
Welcome to the 2022 season, registrations for Miniroos (6-11years), Juniors (11-18years) and our new senior teams (19+ years) are still open for some age groups.
Teams are filling fast now that training has started and registrations will close for teams when they are at capacity. If you would like to find out if there is a waiting list for a second team in your age group, please contact the Coaching Co-ordinator for your age group listed on our Contacts page.
Before registering, please have a passport style photograph ready. If you are registering as a volunteer or coach, please include your Working with Children Check number and expiry.
- All welcome, no experience necessary
- Players are accepted in order of registration until their team is full
- Once teams are full, players will be wait listed in anticipation of a second team but places cannot be guaranteed
- Team allocation is at the discretion of our coaches, players may be graded and play above their age group
- Age group is determined by the age the player turns in 2022 (so if turning 11 this year, the age group is U11, if turning 12 this year, the age group is U12 etc)
- Information about training can be found here
- Register early to secure your place!
Birrarung Pups (ages 4 – 6)
- Skills training for girls and boys
- Sunday mornings during the winter season (terms 2 and 3)
- For more information about registering, please go to our Pups page
Miniroos (ages 6 to 11)
- Girls and boys in age groups from U8 to U11
- Train once a week from mid February/early March
- Teams are usually mixed however we try to form girls teams if possible
- Home and away competition matches on Sunday mornings during the winter season
Juniors (ages 11 – 18)
- Girls and boys teams (special dispensations from Football Victoria are available)
- Train twice a week from February until September
- The start date for training has changed and now formally starts on 7th February. Some coaches may choose to start on 1st February
- Play home and away competition matches on Sundays during the winter season
Seniors (ages 19 and above)
We have a number of players who have been with FC Birrarung since the club started in 2007. We were very excited when these players and their teammates from the U21 team asked to keep paying with the club, so last year the Committee decided to field our first seniors team in 2022!
In 2023, we anticipate being able to field our first women’s team as our senior girls players also come of age.
If you are keen to join our new senior’s team, please let us know!
FC Birrarung is a community club committed to keeping our fees affordable for all players and their families.
Our fees cover the costs of putting players on the pitch and cover Football Federation of Australia and Football Victoria registration, insurance, team entry and referee fees, City of Melbourne facilities and ground fees, training and support for our coaches, uniforms, equipment, public health compliance and other associated costs.
It is FC Birrarung policy that Miniroos and Junior player fees do not subsidise the Senior teams or players.
2022 fees include uniform (home and away kits), preseason training and training and matches during the winter competition season.
- Miniroos (ages 6 to 11) $360
- Juniors (ages 12 – 18) $480
- Seniors (ages 19 and over) $650
FC Birrarung has a long tradition of supporting families whose children may not otherwise be able to play soccer. Sponsorships are available for Miniroo and Junior players with an Australian Healthcare Card, please go to our Sponsorship page for more information.
Sponsorship registrations are in person only and are not available online. Please come along to one of our registration days to sign up.
If you are in a position to partly or fully sponsor a player, please consider making a donation during the registration process.
Community members wishing to make a donation of any amount can contribute to our FC Birrarung Bounce Back from COVID Fundraising Appeal
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
FC BIRRARUNG BOUNCE BACK FROM COVID FUNDRAISING APPEAL
Like many community sporting clubs, Covid-19 caused significant financial strain for FC Birrarung and the committee continues to do everything we can to minimise the damage and continue to provide opportunities for girls and boys to play and train.
We have set up a fundraising appeal to help the club bounce back strongly from the impact of Covid and funds raised will be used for:
- programs to encourage girls participation
- sponsorships for financially disadvantaged players
- programs to encourage the participation of junior players
- the purchase of much-needed equipment
Through the club’s fundraising partnership with The Australian Sports Foundation, donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.